Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween

The blog vs. facebook dilemma is an interesting one. I suppose I have gotten used to the new facebook set-up although I can't really say that I'm a fan of it. I don't like having to do so much clicking around just to find everyone's pictures. It's definitely a quick and easy way to stay in touch and I know most people won't mess with a blog so facebook is nice in that way. However, since it's been almost six months since I updated my blog I thought I'd do a post just for something different.

It was fun to see how all our friends/family dressed up (through FB and blogs) for trick-or-treating...there were some serious costumes out there! I didn't think we were going to have to do costumes this year since we were going to be out of town but those plans changed and we were able to get our act together in time.


Carlie wanted anything with wings and as long as it looks fancy and is pink/purple/etc., she'll go for it. She didn't like it when the people at the doors said she was a princess or something else...she was a FAIRY, and that was that!

Brock was a Shadow Ninja and was pretty happy with the way his outfit turned out. Swords always help!

I think Zack could pretty much take or leave dressing up but if it involves sports then it's OK.

Hallie loves to dress up and it is never run-of-the-mill for her! She got a lot of comments on her outfit...I think it was very strange for people to see mostly little children at their door and then an obviously elderly lady! She had fun with it.



Who is the new face for the "Breakfast of Champions"??

Paul didn't wear the Wheaties box all night but he did enjoy wearing the mask quite a bit. The neighborhood parents were grabbing their children aside when he walked by!

The cute elderly couple!

I decided we had enough costumed people for one family so I opted out...or maybe you think this is my costume :-)
We won't be running out of candy any time soon and I have a feeling in a few days most of it will go off to school with Paul for his college students...good!!