Monday, February 21, 2011

"Bob...there is a groundbreaking new book that has just come out...."


If you immediately understand the title to this blog then you have watched my husband's absolute favorite movie of all times, "What About Bob" with Bill Murray. We have laughingly said that quote many times over the past years each time Paul gets a book published! (Not that Paul's books aren't groundbreaking, but you'd have to see the movie to understand :-)

WARNING: I will be speaking about my husband in a very positive light during this post (okay, it's downright bragging), so if that's not your cup of tea I ask you to exit this blog immediately! Thank you :-)

We never know just exactly when we're going to get the copies of a book Paul has worked on so when they come in the mail it's always a fun surprise. We got another one just last week and since the one before that was only last October/November, it definitely took me by surprise. So, it's definitely time for me to blog about it before I get too behind since there WILL be others, guaranteed (I have inside information on that :-) (I'm laughing to myself as I write this paragraph because those colleagues and friends of Paul that love him will still be saying a big "WHATEVER" and giving him a hard time about this posting!) But let's not forget just how much effort goes into these books, ladies and gentlemen!! All the long hours, late nights, all-nighters, deadlines, deadlines, deadlines, hundreds of email correspondences, reading and re-reading, editing, editing, editing, etc. Thankfully Paul is organized (and dare I say he is even more organized than I am??!!! Seriously, he is!) and he knows how to get things done efficiently which the publishers love!

Here is the cover of Paul's latest textbook....


And since many of you don't know about the textbook that came out last Fall, here is a picture of the cover...
This textbook is beautiful inside because it's full color and filled with pictures that Paul took at many different sporting events.

And if you haven't been able to keep up at all, here is a picture of the first textbook Paul ever did....


He has also written two other non-textbooks and he is founding editor of a journal that comes out four times a year and it looks like this....


Our own little "What About Bob" moment representing thousands of hours of work....


So, a HUGE congratulations to my hubby for another great textbook. I know how hard you worked on all of these and it's really fun to see them on our shelf!