Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hoosiers Outrun Cancer

We are so proud of Hallie today! She did a 5K run for "Hoosiers Outrun Cancer" in memory of her great-grandma (Geneva Cude - my dad's mom), and her great uncle (Joe Pedersen - Paul's dad's brother). She ran the whole time (no walking) and it's a longer distance than any of her cross country meets and her time was really good. She did such a good job and it was a fun experience for her. There were over 5,000 people involved in today's events, the majority of them for the 5K run. Her cross country season ended on Wednesday but as much as she has enjoyed running, I know this isn't the end of it. Paul is looking forward to a treadmill neighbor over at the YMCA when he jogs. Hallie will be great motivation for him.






---------------------------------------------------------

While we're on the subject of Hallie.....you know how some people sing in the shower...well, Hallie creates poems in the shower. She's done it quite a few times. She tries to write them down when she gets back to her room so she doesn't forget. I was the happy recipient of one of these poems since she gave it to me for my birthday...

Mom, I can not explain,
How wonderful you are in words.
Great is too simple,
And amazing is for the birds.
So, I'll give you a big hug,
Tell you you're one of a kind,
Spectacular, magnificent, and so glad that you're mine.


(Crazy sombrero but good fried ice cream!)

-------------------------------------
Aunt Liz and Aunt Donna get kind of cranky when I don't put enough pictures on here so just a couple more to appease them until I can get a whole album uploaded.

No way my "baby" is going to be four in just over a month!



This was exactly a month ago when Grandpa and Grandma Estes were here. We rented a pontoon boat to take out on the lake...even Ollie got to join in on the fun!