Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


Following is a poem that Hallie wrote for me. Because we were in the restaurant when she gave it to me, I had to read it really fast and take a lot of breaths since the kids laugh when I tear up! I've read it several times since then, though!

Dear Mom,
I thought of many ways to express my love to you,
But none would come close to what I know is true.
So I hope this poem shows you my love,
For you are truly a gift from above.
You're beautiful, loving, and oh so very wise,
In a contest for best mother, you would take top prize.
You help us with our problems, our hopes, and our wishes,
And you even help me clean the dishes.
You take us to practices which makes your day busy,
If I had to do it, it'd put me in a tizzy!
You do these things willingly, almost like you are enchanted,
But inside us there's a seed you have planted.
One that will help us to grow in your ways,
And help us be loving through all of our days.
So Mom, here's the end and I have just one thing to say,
I think you're fantastic and Happy Mother's Day!
Love, Hallie

Wow!! Straight to the heart!! Thank you, Hallie, I love you!!

Then I got a "card" from Zack. I love its sentiment just the same and he knows how to make me laugh!! Here he is keeping us entertained at supper.....


And here is his "heartfelt" card!! :-) Oooops....someone may have not gotten the memo on Mother's Day cards being handed out at suppertime! :-) I love you, Zack!

Brock was next and he ALWAYS gets very involved in whatever celebration is going on. He loves to give gifts/cards and there is always more than one thing to be handed out. The more partying the better, as far as he is concerned. Thank you, Brockie! I love you!!

Little Carlie loves that she is old enough to make and write her own cards now! Of course, it's curious why she started out the card as "Dear Jen....." but whatever works! She told me her hand hurt after writing the word "love" so many times on the card. :-) I love you, Carlie-girl!

After some amazing BBQ (best in Bloomington, I'm pretty sure), we stopped for ice cream downtown. We love our town!

Brock really felt like he needed to take a picture of Paul and me and I'm glad he did since I couldn't be living my dream job without this man!!!

Thank you to my amazing family for such a special celebration. Being your mom/wife is more than I had ever hoped for. I love you!